Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Cilantro Chutney Hummus

I had some leftover cilantro chutney and cooked chick peas, which together makes a delicious hummus like dip. It's very cilantro-ey, so be prepared for that! I thought it made a great dip for veggies, especially on a warm afternoon when you don't feel like creating any heat!

I bet this would make an amzing, falafel-style fried goodie as well. Let me know if you give that a whirl!

Cilantro Chutney Hummus

1 cup cilantro chutney
1 1/2 cups chick peas (15 oz can) cooked
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon olive oil

Puree all in blender until finely pureed. Scrape down sides to ensure all are blended. Serve with vegetable crudite.

Hugs!

Recipes currently inspiring me:
Melitzanosalada at Chez Cayenne
Oatmeal Breakfast Bread Sticky Gooey Cream Chewey
Manzanita Cider at Hunter Angler Gardner Cook

No comments: