Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Algerian Style Baked Potato Wedges

In case you notice such things, I've added several new blogs to my blogroll on the left hand side of the blog. These are the blogs that inspire me and I read regularly. A new one that has really piqued my interest lately is 64 sq ft kitchen, written by Warda, a self-proclaimed Algerian woman living in southern Michigan. I found her site through Soup Chick, a new blog by Lydia of The Perfect Pantry, which is one of my favorite blogs.

In reading through 64 sq ft Kitchen (Fantastic name!) I discovered this baked potato wedge recipe and, knowing my love of Morrocan food, had to try it.

D-I-V-I-N-E!

Food from the Gods!

I will have to restrain myself from making these every night. I never would have thought to add seasonings after baking the potatoes, but what a spectacular idea! Mouth watering doesn't even begin to describe my behavior in anticipation of bringing these beauties out of the oven. Sacrilegious as it sounds, they even heat up OK in a microwave, assuming there are leftovers!

Algerian Style Baked Potato Wedges

4-5 red or yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
olive oil
1 teaspoon harissa (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
juice 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss potatoes with olive oil, harissa, salt, cumin and paprika and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Place in bowl and squeeze lemon juice over potatoes and toss with garlic, parsley and cilantro.

Hugs!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

those sound fantastically delicious. Thanks for the new blog to check out!!

Kristen said...

and...

thanks for adding me to your blogroll, I added you to mine too :)

foodcreate said...

So delicious beautiful pic ..


Thank you for sharing your recipe :)